There are many taxi companies in Lewes, East Sussex, UK. Some popular ones include:
- Lewes Taxi Company: Offers a wide range of transportation services, including airport transfers, local trips, and long-distance journeys. They have a variety of vehicles to choose from, including minibuses and executive cars.
- 1st Class Cars: Offers services to local shops and high street.
- Elite Cars: Specializes in airport transfers and long-distance travel. They have a fleet of clean, well-maintained vehicles and a team of experienced drivers.
- Star Cars : Offers a range of services including airport transfers, local trips, and long-distance journeys. They have a fleet of clean and well-maintained vehicles and a team of friendly and professional drivers.
- The Taxi Company Lewes: Offers a range of services including airport transfers, local trips, and long-distance journeys. They have a fleet of vehicles to choose from and experienced drivers.
- 1st Class Cars: Offers a range of services including airport transfers, local trips, and long-distance journeys. They have a fleet of clean and well-maintained vehicles and a team of friendly and professional drivers.
- Taxi Direct Lewes: Offers a range of services including airport transfers, local trips, and long-distance journeys. They have a fleet of clean and well-maintained vehicles and a team of friendly and professional drivers.
Tips For Choosing the Reliable Taxi Service
Choosing the most suitable lewis taxi service can be a daunting task. You want to make sure your taxi service is meeting your needs in every aspect. There are certain thing that can help you in assesssing the right service. Have a look at these tips that could help you to get the reliable taxi service.
Check Reputation: One most considerable thing to do is to check the reputation of the taxi service in all aspects from quality to safety to punctuality and everything in between.
Safety: Four your safety, it's in your interest to chouose reliable taxi services to ensure you arrice safely to yoru destination. Taking enough time to chouose the most reliable and safe taxi provider will help you to avoid the most unpleasant situations.
Prices: Cost of a taxi is one of the most important factor you should be considering when choosing an airport taxi service. Choose a compnay that procides the balance between quality services and price. A reliable taxi service provider will give you the best price quote for the services they offer to you. Ensure that the drivers are not overcharging you or taking advantage of your inability to recognize the new places. Similarly, you should choose a company that balances the quality of the taxi services and the price so that you can pay for the right service. Compare various services and prices before choosing the perfect one.
Read Online Reviews: Users always share their negative or positive experiences make sure you read online reviews regularly this will ensure that you get safe, reliable and comfortable taxis
Tips for Choosing the Reliable Airport Taxi Service
Before you book a taxi at the airport, you need to know about the reputable of the taxi service provider or company. Ensure that the service provider has credibility in the business to feel confident and rely on the drivers. Similarly, you need to check if the taxi service provider is recognised at the airport and other legal bodies in the country. You will also need to check if there are any extas like parking fee, waiting charge or any other airport surcharge you will have pay for example "lewes to gatwick" will have different cost to "gatwick airport to lewes".
The reputation and reliability of the taxi company is very important along with safety, therefore, you need to check on good reviews and also research about what people are saying about the company that the taxis belong to, ranging from punctuality to quality to safety and every other aspect that you may consider important. Users will always share their negative and positive experience, ensure that you check netrual online reviews like Google, Trustpilot about taxi services reguarly.
Useful Information on wheelchair accessible taxi Service
Make sure the taxis are compliment with disabled and wheelchair access as per the Law, also you can ask the drivers have successfully completed Disability Awareness Training. Watch out for review that mention about how good the drivers of the taxi company are.
Driver responsibilities and duties towards disabled and wheelchair passangers
- Carry the passenger while in the wheelchair, not to make additional charge for doing so
- If the passenger chooses to sit in a passenger seat to carry the wheelchair
- Not charged more than a non-wheelchair user for the same journey
- To give the passenger such mobility assistance as is reasonably required
- Enable the passenger to get into or out of the vehicle
- To load the passenger’s luggage into or out of the vehicle
- To take such steps as are necessary to ensure that the passenger is carried in safety and reasonable comfort
- If the passenger wishes to remain in the wheelchair, to enable the passenger to get into and out of the vehicle while in the wheelchair
- If the passenger does not wish to remain in the wheelchair, to load the wheelchair into or out of the vehicle
It will be an offence for the driver of a taxi fail to comply with the licensing authoritys rules, if posible share negative or positive experiences so that other disabled passangers would information before calling to a taxi service provider.
Taxi driver licence : Lewes District Council
To apply for a driver licence you will also need to:
- Hold a full UK DVLA Driving Licence
- Pass a Group II Medical examination
- Pass a driving proficiency test
- Undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Pass a local area knowledge test
For more details on Taxi driver licence vist Lewes District Council website
Looks like there is increase in demand for new taxi licence applications and having more vehicle licences around Lewes are not taking New applications but accepting Renewal applications.
According to Lewes District Council for New applications quote from them "We cannot accept any applications for new driver or vehicle licences at this time. Our priority at this time is to make sure that existing licence holders and businesses can continue to operate, where possible."
Top Taxi & Minicabs companies or service providers in Lewes, East Sussex
All the Taxi review rating mentioned on this website are taken from Google Places
Taxi service in Lewes, England
Safe, Reliable, Friendly & Low Cost Lewes Taxis & Airport Transfer, Lewes To Gatwick Airport £75
4.6 stars with 76 Google reviews, updated January 2023
Tops the list and are in service in Lewes Town Since 1990 with reliable feedback. They also do Taxi Parcel Delivery around Lewes town and Brighton.
Taxi service in Ringmer and Lewes, England
Gatwick Airport from £50, Heathrow Airport from £109
4.8 stars with 136 Google reviews, updated December 2022
There are some bad reviews on their taxi services including not turning up and no call back, reliability seems missing now, but had very good feedback few months ago.
Taxi service in England
Wedding, Chauffeur service and Sightseeing tours
5.0 stars with 9 Google reviews, updated September 2019
lewes-taxis.com is just website listing site and no way is connected to any taxi company or its drivers, and take no responsibly of the taxi servcie booked on the information provided on the website.
Best Things to Do in Lewes, East Sussex, England
Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum
Lewes Castle is a medieval castle in the town of Lewes in East Sussex, England. Originally called Bray Castle, it occupies a commanding position guarding the gap in the South Downs cut by the River Ouse and occupied by the towns of Lewes and Cliffe. It stands on a man-made mount just to the north of the high street in Lewes, and is constructed from local limestone and flint blocks.
Road Directions Lewes Castle is located centrally in Lewes off the High Street, a few minutes walk from the bus and railway stations. Lewes is easily accessed from the A27, A26 and A275; drivers using the A27 should enter the town from the eastern end of the Lewes by-pass via the Cuilfail Tunnel. Lewes railway station is served by regular trains from Brighton, Eastbourne, Hastings and London.
Southover Grange Gardens
Address: Southover Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1TP
Southover Grange in Lewes, Sussex is a house of historical significance and is Grade II* listed on the English Heritage Register. It was built in 1572 by William Newton and owned by this family for the next three hundred years. After this it was the residence of many notable people until it was bought by the local Council in about 1945. Today it is owned by the East Sussex County Council.